FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION | Student Affairs Division


Student Welfare and Discipline Management Section
What should I do if I get a sponsor for my loan/scholarship = and will there a problem if I do not update my sponsor details?  

If you obtain any sponsorship from any sponsor, please update the sponsors’ details to the Student Welfare and Discipline Management Section, Student Affairs Division by bringing the offer letter from the sponsor and filling out the sponsor's update information form.Yes, if you do not update the sponsor's information, sponsorship allowance could not be banked into the student’s bank account

Can I apply for another scholarship / loan if I am on the PTPTN loan?

Yes, if you get an offer, you have to cancel your PTPTN loan by filling out the PTPTN cancellation application form which can be downloaded from the PTPTN website via and attach a copy of the new offer by your sponsor. Then, send the completed form to the Student Welfare and Discipline Management Section, Student Affairs Division.

In the event of any accident (accident, fire, theft, etc.), or should any immediate assistance is required, who can I contact?

You can contact the Student Affairs Division Counter at 03-89476075 or a direct line to the Student Welfare and Discipline Management Section at 03-8947 1322 / 03-8946 6074  

If an accident occurs outside the university area, or during the semester break, am I eligible to apply for welfare assistance?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for welfare assistance as long as you are currently a UPM student

Student Management Activity Section
How can I  get advice on any related matters about cultural arts such as cultural events, workshops, courses, coaching and related events?

The Student Management Activity Section can assist in providing advice on cultural arts related matters. You can contact Cultural Officer at the Student Affairs Division or drop by the section’s office in the Pavillian Arts Building, UPM  

How to be active in culture related activities and what are the cultural streams that are available in UPM?

Under the supervision of the Student Affairs Division, there are 10 Cultural and Art clubs covering various streams such as music, dance, acting, and heritage that are manged by the Creative and Arts Unit. The presence of Penggiat Seni Putra function to encourage Upm students to We have also set up Penenian Seni Putra where this platform encourages all students in UPM to be active in cultural and art activities organized at various levels. * For more information please contact us at 03 89467522/6072, Office of the Arts and Culture Unit, Pavillion Arts Building, UPM

Updated:: 05/10/2015 [mshahrul]

Student Affairs Division
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor Darul Ehsan
+603-9769 6075
+603-9769 2091